Bowling GMACs

Unknown

The boys bowling team.

Kelsy Pacheco, Sports Editor

This year’s bowling team has had quite the successful season. When the team went out to the Greater Miami Athletic Conference (GMACs) on Tuesday, Oct. 21, it had a great start but a rocky ending. The team made it to the second round of GMACs this time around, but got knocked out of the competition at that point.

“Even though we had lost, we had won – because this year, not only did we qualify for GMACs, but we made it past the first round,” sophomore Jose Rojas said.

The team started out the first round playing against Alonso and Tracy Mourning High School(ATM) and beat them. The team then moved on to the second round – semi finals – where it went up against TERRA and unfortunately lost. Due to the loss against TERRA, the team was eliminated and could not go further at GMACs.

“We felt good [winning the first game] – we played well, but not good enough. But we tried our best and I’m really proud of the team,” junior and bowling team captain Matthew Monjarrez said.

Last year, the team did not have the chance to go to GMACs due to the fact that they did not qualify. So this year, the boys have shown that they are slowly improving, and that they plan to go further and further each year.

So even though the team did not have the best ending, they had a pretty good overall season and are hoping to recover next year with the new players that join it. The season isn’t quite over yet, though: the team still has a chance to redeem itself at districts on October 28.