Cavaliers Crush the Coral Reef Barracudas

Samantha Valero-Staff Writer, Orestes Gonzalez & Rachel Hernando- Photographers

On Friday, Sept. 26, 2014, at Tropical Park at 3:30 p.m., the Cavaliers played against the Coral Reef Barracudas. With a score of 28-0, it is obvious that it was a great game – for the Cavaliers.

“I just really want to thank my offensive line, my defense and linemen in the back;they helped me get a touchdown, and I love all the support we’ve gotten this game and the previous games – it’s amazing,”  senior running back Hans Supre {#22} said.

In the first and second quarters of the game, there weren’t many big plays; both the Reef defense and the Gables defense worked at each other, leaving the score to stay at 0-0. Right at the end of the second quarter, Amir Rassule {#34} made a Touchdown, causing the quarter to end with a score of 7-0.

“We started slow, we finished strong.We need to start faster next time.We have a district opponent next Wednesday so we need our Cavalier Nation to come out and support us,” Coach Miller said.

The third quarter kicked off with Amir Rassule {#34} making a 14 yard touchdown, raising the score to 14-0. At the end of the quarter, Amir Rassule went in again, resulting in a third touchdown! Jonathan Garcia gets the extra point, leaving the score at 21-0 at the end of the third quarter. In the middle of the fourth quarter, Hans Supre {#22} made a 10 yard touchdown, with Garcia backing him up with the kick, giving the Cavaliers their final score of 28-0.

“Fantastic and amazing support from the student body has helped lead our cavaliers to victory,” junior Grant Bradish said.

Overall, with a score of 28-0, the Cavaliers took the Barracudas to the woodshed! Be sure not to miss the next game, which is a district game, at Curtis Park on October 1, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. against South Miami.