Big Hero 6

Samantha Valero, Staff Writer

Premiere Date: Nov. 7, 2014

Directors: Don Hall, Chris Williams

MPAA Rating: PG

Starring: Jamie Chung, T.J. Miller, Maya Rudolf, Ryan Potter and Daniel Henney 

Our Rating: B+

Baymax, the robot who cares.
http://movies.disney.com/big-hero-six-gallery
Baymax, the robot who cares for Hiro.

Most of us have heard of Baymax, otherwise known as the big fluffy robot from the fairly recent movie Big Hero 6. After taking the time to watch this movie, Baymax has become known as a caring friend to all.

Hiro Hamada, the 14 year old genius
Hiro Hamada, the 14-year-old genius.

Big Hero 6 takes us to “San Fransokio,” an east-meets-west futuristic city where the young boy Hiro Hamada and his big brother Tadashi live. Hiro spends his days (and nights) creating robots with Tadashi, but Hiro makes his robots for robot fights and gambling, while Tadashi uses his robots to better the world. By showing Hiro his unique college, Tadashi influences him to work on creating something good for the world instead of something that’s simply for his own enjoyment. Hiro’s best friend, a robot named Baymax, was created by Tadashi to care for other humans. A problem occurs and Hiro transforms Baymax and his friends (Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred and Go Go Tamago) into a group of super-robot-heros.

The movie is an action-packed emotional whirlwind. With the many fight scenes, heartwarming reunion of friends and emotional breakdowns, it would be very difficult for one NOT to enjoy this movie.

On the other hand, it is a basic plot that has been seen in almost every animation movie. Sure, there are a few minor details that make it unique, but the plot is the essence of a movie; and for some of us, it feels as if we’ve watched the movie before.

“I loved Big Hero 6! The movie really calls attention to how people deal with loss, and how friends can help you through it,” freshman Gabriella Gordie said.

Overall, this fun-loving yet touching story has won the hearts of millions of viewers, and maybe it will win some more of our Cavalier hearts too. Go watch it to see what you think!