Celebrities and Politicians… What’s the Difference?

https://underground.net/twitter-announces-new-country-by-country-censorship/

President Elect Donald Trump will be the first president to actually downgrade his home by moving to the White House.

Alexander Yagoda, Staff Writer

Just last year, Donald Trump was a billionaire, a celebrity and the host of a television show. Now, he is the president elect. This is thanks to the recent blurring of the line between public official and celebrity which may happen again in 2020 with rapper Kanye West. These people do not seem to have much in common, but if you look closely, you may see many similarities. The mixing between politicians and celebrities will make some people wonder: should we really give politicians celebrity status and idolize them as such? Their role in office is to lead their nation to success and prosperity; not to show us which clothes to buy or which handbags are popular.

Kanye West has expressed his intent to run for president in 2020.

Another thing going on is overseas; the English royal family. In magazines like People, entire sections and even issues are devoted to them like People Royals, an entire section of People’s website that is dedicated to England’s royal family. However, this can be seen as more acceptable than what is occurring in America because the royal family is just a figurehead that does not affect policy in any way other than by lightly swaying public opinion.

“Both celebrities and politicians are recognized by thousands, hated by millions and lie to get what they want,” sophomore Eduardo Cusido said.

The English royal family takes up a large portion of the mainstream media.

A lot of people may say that just because someone is a celebrity does not mean that they are automatically a bad candidate for any office.  That may be true, since their massive following will most likely vote for them regardless of whether or not they are fit to hold public office.

Public figures have always been held at celebrity status as seen by John F Kennedy and his family. People would try to imitate the first families which could be a good think if they are good role models.

“Politicians and celebrities alike are choosing to bash others to increase in popularity instead of focusing on promoting their positive qualities of themselves and this trend will probably continue to grow,” freshman Isabel Jaen said.

A celebrity who outsources half of his children’s gene pool from Eastern Europe, conned people thousands of dollars on an “education” and was accused by several women for sexual assault somehow convinced the American public that he could be the President of the United States. In short, as the cult following of Sharknado could get it an award, the cult following of a celebrity could inflate their ego to the point that they think that they can actually be a decent public official to the point where they actually win.