Let’s STOP Keeping Up With The Kardashians

when-will.net

People can’t seem to get enough of this popular family and no one knows why.

Natalie De La Rosa, Staff Writer

Gossip amongst teenagers and adults regarding the Kardashians is always a popular topic of conversation. This famous Los Angeles family, as some would like to say, are well known for their exotic beauty and lavish lifestyle; however, others don’t understand the fame behind this family. Debates on whether this family is destroying adolescent minds or motivating them continues. Yet with the provocative social media posts and the overemphasized lifestyle portrayed on their famous TV show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, it is clear the Kardashian family is a negative impact on society and pose as bad role models for young girls.

“As I grew older I realized the Kardashians made me develop such unrealistic goals for my future. Now I watch the show and can’t help but to laugh at how they make such a big deal out of everything,” sophomore Alexa Velez said.

The most well known Kardashians are: Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kendall, and Kylie. These names dominate sites like Instagram, Twitter, and even Youtube, where children as young as 12 year old idolize them for seemingly no reason. The Kardashians portray a life of wealth and flood Instagram with selfies flaunting their luxurious lifestyle. Not only do the Kardashians boast their money to the world but they gloat about their beauty which makes people wonder whether or not they had cosmetic procedures done.

One can argue that this family contributes to the fashion world and promotes awareness for trans-gendered people after Bruce Jenner, father of the Kardashians, came out as Caitlyn Jenner in 2015. Kendall Jenner has recently modeled for companies like Calvin Klein and even participated in runway shows with the company; additionally, Kylie Jenner has recently launched her new lipstick line which has become one of the most popular lipstick products in the beauty world today. It is even said this family’s lavish lifestyle helps children and teens develop goals for there future-motivating them to aim higher.

However, Kendall and Kylie Jenner have been promoting themselves on the web ever since they were 16 years old and have been influencing girls their age to wear provocative clothing as well. The Kardashian family’s fashion motto, especially oldest sister Kourtney, is best described as, “The Less the Better!”

Kylie Jenner serves as a lot of peoples’ role model and when the lip challenge came out millions of people tried it; regardless of the possible risks because they wanted to be just like Kylie. It’s kind of sad how she could influence people to do something so dangerous knowing her fans were likely to try it,

— freshman Kayla Hughsam

The Kardashians are only continuing to corrupt adolescence. The longer society idolizes and promotes this family the quicker we will see youth disappear.