Ohio State University Attack

ABC News

Ohio State University student Abdul Razak Ali Artan injured eleven people before being shot and killed by an on-campus police officer.

Alexander Yagoda, Staff Writer

This Monday, Nov. 28, there was yet another attack, possibly induced by anti-Muslim rage, at Ohio State University (OSU). The person that carried out the attack was OSU student Abdul Razak Ali Artan, who drove a car at and stabbed several people, leaving 11 wounded, but none critically injured or killed.

“It’s sad and scary because of the attack itself and the fact that I wouldn’t want that to happen to my school or my family,” freshman Nayrelia Ramos said.

Artan was shot and killed by Alan Horujko, a member of the police department at OSU, who had been with the force for under two years. Horujko shot Artan less than a minute after Artan began to attack people. A total of 11 people were injured – thankfully, none were killed or critically injured. The eleven victims were taken to hospitals soon after they were attacked, and those with the most severe injuries were out of the operating room by early that evening.

There will always be good guys and bad guys, but luckily there will be good guys always protecting us from things like this incident.

— Marc Jacobs

During the attack, the OSU’s Columbus Campus was on lockdown, most likely because the officials in charge of the lockdown thought an attack like this would last longer or that there would be another person assisting in the attack.

The attack came just minutes after Artan posted on Facebook about how Muslims worldwide were being killed, tortured and mistreated, and that America needs to stop interfering with other countries or other lone wolf attacks would continue to take place. A witness to the attack said that Artan pulled out a large knife and chased people, trying to stab them. The witness, twenty year old sophomore Jacob Bowers, said that during the attack Artan did nott say anything, which was “almost scarier.” No further casualties have been reported and OSU security will be heightened after this attack.