Recap: September 7-September 13

www.picmonkey.com

Recap: September 7- September 13

Daniela Quijano, Managing Editor

International Affairs

Republicans failed to obtain enough votes to prevent the passing of the Iran Nuclear Deal Agreement.

Although there are more than 4 million refugees, the U.S will grant 10,000 visas to refugees.

The species’ name is “Homo naledi”, which means “Star man”. It was found in a cave in South Africa.

“The United Nations is now estimating at least 850,000 people are expected to cross the Mediterranean this year and next, seeking refuge in Europe to escape violence and unrest in Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, sub-Saharan Africa and other regions.”.

“The former French secret service agent responsible for bombing the Greenpeace flagship Rainbow Warrior has broken his silence and apologized to his victims, 30 years after the attack. “. The ship was bombed as it was getting ready to protest against French nuclear bomb tests in the South Pacific.

Domestic Affairs

African American Tennis player James Blake was slammed to the ground by 5 police officers outside his hotel in Manhattan.

“The teachers are demanding fewer standardized tests for students, more time to prepare for classes, and better pay. The strike comes after Washington’s Supreme Court ruled last week that the state’s new charter school system is unconstitutional.”.

“Harvard Law School professor Lawrence Lessig is officially running for president. After exceeding his goal of raising $1 million by Labor Day, Lessig has formally announced his bid. He says if he wins the presidency, he will serve only as long as it takes to pass sweeping campaign finance reform. “.