Dash to Cav Crash!

Flyer by Ms. Zaldivar

Since Cav Crash didn’t occur last year due to not enough participation from the student body, Cav Crash is having the best comeback yet.

Kelly Hanley, Staff Writer

Cav Crash is a talent show at Gables in which a wide variety of students display their unique skills and encourage school spirit. This year’s show is expected to be extra spirited; clubs will compete in a spirit contest and each class will perform its own skit. The 27 auditions that took place on Sept. 3 and Sept. 5 include a wide variety of acts, such as singing and dancing, which are going to be seen in the show.

Due to the lack of student participation in previous years, Cav Crash is expected to be extra exciting this year. The expectations will rise and the talent show stereotypes will diminish. Anyone and everyone are welcome to participate and attend the show. Many students are excited to see how the show will turn out since it has now met the required amount of acts.

“Since I attended Cav Crash freshman and sophomore year, I really liked it. I think that Cav Crash is a really good way of seeing how diverse the students are and I’m really happy it’s back,” Creative Writing Club President Aliyah Symes said.

The event will be held on Sept. 22 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium and the winner will not only get bragging rights, but also a chance to perform their act in Fall Frolics, a dance showcase put on by the Gablettes later in the year. Preparations are diligently being made since this year’s student-based talent showcase plans to be the best one yet. The chosen acts will work hard in rehearsals to make sure Cav Crash goes off without a hitch.

“I think it is going to be awesome! We’ve got a great array of talent, a good mix. I think it’s going to be really representative of our Gables community and it’s going to be fun!” Cav Crash head coordinator Ms. Zaldivar said.

Make sure to mark your calendars for Sept. 22 and buy your tickets for the show! Ticket sales will begin Wednesday, Sept. 17 in Ms. Zaldivar’s room (9207) and will continue until the day of the show. Give in your cash to see the crash!